Pumpkin Spice Latte
Autumn has arrived and with it, so many cozy things. I love big comfy sweaters and hand-knit scarves, leaves crunching under my shoes as I walk through the park and kissing with cold noses (but not so much noses with colds). The best part of fall is the kitchen. The smell of stews simmering and all the baking (now that it's finally not too sweltering hot to turn on the oven!). Steaming hot cups of tea, cocoa and pumpkin everything. Pumpkin soups, breads, muffins, cookies and one of my super favorite treats, pumpkin spice lattes.
Write a review
- 1 tbs cooked and pureed (fresh or canned) pumpkin
- 2 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
- a dash of nutmeg or allspice, ground
- 1 cup plant based milk. I prefer unsweetened oat milk but you can use which ever you like best, including nut milks, soy milk and *rice milk.
- 1/2 cup strong coffee, or 1/4 cup espresso
- Optional 1 tsp pumpkin pie syrup, sugar or other sweetener to your taste
- vegan whipped cream
- In a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin and sweetener. Cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, cinnamon and other spices.
- Whisk the mixture well, until it foams up a bit.
- Fill cup half way with pumpkin milk mix and add espresso or coffee.
Top with any of the following
- vegan whipping cream and pumpkin spice or cinnamon or a drizzle of pumpkin spice syrup.
- We used toasted vegan mini pumpkin marshmallows!
- Curl up somewhere cozy and enjoy!
- *Rice milk tends to be thinner than other milks so if you are looking for a thick latte use one of the other milks or add a tiny bit extra canned pumpkin.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/