Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 727
Trans Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 12g
Monounsaturated Fat 23g
Total Carbohydrates 374g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- The Peaches
- 6 large peaches, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- For biscuit topping
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold vegan butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup maple sugar coated nuts and seeds for garnish *optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss peaches with sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a 2-qt. nonreactive baking dish and bake in middle of oven 10 minutes.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Blend in butter with your fingertips or a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in water until just combined.
- Remove peaches from oven and drop spoonfuls of topping over them. Bake in middle of oven until topping is golden, about 25 minutes.
- (Topping will spread as it bakes.)
- I sprinkled the maple nuts and seeds on the topping before baking
Adapted from Epicurious
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/