Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 296
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 22g
Total Carbohydrates 62g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 large (or 2 medium) zucchinis spiralled (optional)
- 4 cups shredded greens (I used 3 of Kale and 1 of chard. Be sure to keep them separate depending on thickness/toughness of the green, as the cooking time will vary)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 cup cashews (best if previously soaked for at least an hour in hot water)
- ½ cup Almond or other nut milk
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt, spike, or other seasoning
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon (optional)
- 8 ounces of whatever kind of vegan pasta you like. I used spiralled zucchini in mine and reduced the amount of pasta noodles, but again, it's up to your preferences.
- Drain and rinse cashews thoroughly.
- Heat the oil over medium low heat. Add the garlic and kale and tougher greens, and saute for 5-8 minutes until soft. Add more fragile greens, like chard, and continue to saute for about 2 minutes max.
- Keep the heat low to avoid burning the garlic. Season with salt.
- Pulse all the sauce ingredients in a nutribullet, food processor or blender until smooth.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve about 2 cups of the water from the pot when you drain the pasta.
- Toss the hot pasta with the sauce, greens, and just enough of the reserved pasta water to carry the sauce throughout all the noodles.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/