Maple Apple Chips
Write a review
- 5-6 medium apples
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 250°F (120°C)
- Line 2 cookie sheets with Silpats or parchment paper.
- Whisk together the maple syrup and cinnamon in a large bowl and set aside.
- If you have an apple corer, core the apples.
- Slice the apples to about 1/4" - Mine were a bit thicker but the thinner they are the crispier they will be.
- If you didn't core the apples, discard the seeds.
- Coat the apples in the maple cinnamon mixture, carefully so that they don't break, and place the apple rings on your cookie sheets, making sure that the apples aren't overlapping.
- Checking on them and turning the chips every 30 minutes, bake for 1 1/2 - 2 hours (depending on their thickness).
- The apples will probably be soft when they come out of the oven, but after sitting out to cool for 5-10 minutes they will crisp up. As soon as they do, put them in an airtight container to prevent them from getting soft again.
- If you are avoiding sugar altogether, you can skip the maple syrup and simply
- sprinkle the apples with cinnamon, nutmeg, and/or cardamom or even a savoury spice if you prefer!
- A cajun mix, coriander and black pepper or a sprinkle of vegan parmesan “cheese”.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/