Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 47
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 158g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Cup long grain rice
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Stick cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup non-dairy milk (I used rice milk but I think next time I'll try coconut for thicker drink)
- 1 teaspoon agave (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cinnamon for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Place rice, water, and cinnamon stick in a container and soak overnight
- Place the soaked rice and cinnamon, and its water, in a blender and process until smooth
- Strain the mixture through a seive, into a pitcher, large jar, or bowl
- Add "milk", vanilla, and agave (if using) and stir well
- Pour into glasses, over ice. Garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
- Serve and enjoy cold OR skip the ice and steam the Horchata and pour over a shot of esspresso for a Horchata Latte!
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/