Write a review
- 3 ounces silver agave tequila
- 1/4 cup dried Hibiscus flowers
- 1 ounce orange liqueur, such as triple sec or Cointreau
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce Lime cordial
- Ice, crushed or cubed
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Salt to rim glasses
- Warm tequila ever so slightly in a saucepan (don’t worry: The alcohol won’t cook out), add the dried flowers, cover, and steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain into a pitcher and allow to cool completely.
- Rub a lime wheel around the rims of two martini glasses to moisten. Spread a layer of salt in a saucer. Press the rims of the glasses into the salt.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the tequila, lime juice, lime cordial and orange liqueur.
- Shake for 10 seconds, then strain into the martini glasses. Garnish each with a hibiscus flower and a lime wheel. Serve.
- Note: for a detailed list of which alcohols are vegan and which are not, visit: http://www.barnivore.com
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/