I found this smoothie on the Oh She Glows web site, and I love it. It combines the power of many digestion-friendly and immune-boosting foods, such as:
Pineapple (Vitamin C, Digestive and anti-inflammatory benefits, immune support)
Fresh ginger (Soothes the intestinal tract and helps with digestion Anti-inflammatory and immune boosting)
Fresh parsley (Rich in vitamins K, C, A, folate, and antioxidants)
Avocado (Major anti-inflammatory benefits + heart-healthy fats)
Banana (Rich in B6, manganese, Vitamin C, fibre, and potassium. Interesting to note – Soothing to the digestive track and thought to regulate the bowels and enhance friendly gut bacteria)
Lemon (Rich in vitamin C. Aids digestion and helps flush out toxins)
- 1 1/2 heaping cups pineapple chunks
- 1/2 large frozen banana
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons avocado
- 1 teaspoon packed fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon probiotic powder, optional
- lemon or lime slice, for garnish
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend on the highest speed until super smooth.
- I found this recipe on the Oh She Glows web site. I tried it and LOVED it. The only changes I made is adding the mint and the extra 1/2 cup of pineapple.
- I also tried it without the banana, which was lighter, less sweet and really refreshing!