Garlic Scape Pesto
Garlic Scapes. I’ve never cooked with these little guys before but in the last couple of weeks I have become completely enamoured with them. I’ve been sautéing them in a bit of olive oil and in including them any dish I can justify putting them in but last night I made them the star of the dish and they were delicious!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1343
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 34g
Monounsaturated Fat 91g
Total Carbohydrates 14g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 8-10 Garlic Scapes – Chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts, Walnuts, *cashews and/or Pistachios – Depending on the flavour you enjoy most.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Salt to taste – Don’t be shy with the salt!
- Freshly Ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients together in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. Add more olive oil to thin out as needed.
- *Cashews tend to blend smoother and add a “cheesy” flavour to the sauce.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/