I'm not sure why this is called Caviar but it's tasty and I'm sharing the recipe with you. I found it written on a card in my little recipe box so I have no idea who the credit goes to, but I tweaked it a little anyway so here it is:
Write a review
- 1-2 Eggplant (1 lb)
- 1/8 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 Cup diced celery
- 3 Cloves minced garlic
- 2-3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Cup Ripe Pitted Olives - Halved
- 3 TBS Wine Vinegar OR Lemon Juice OR Wine
- 1 TBS fresh chopped Oregano
- 1 TBS fresh chopped Basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Place un-peeled whole eggplant in preheated 350 degree oven and back for 30-45 minutes until soft.
- When cool, slice in half and remove seeds. Chop eggplant and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet and add garlic, peppers, and celery. Cook 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in eggplant and other remaining ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionaly.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve chilled with crackers, crustini, pita, crudites, toast, etc...
- I bet this would even be yummy in a sandwich or on a burger.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/