Cream of Broccoli Soup
To make the bread bowl, I just divided my small sourdough loaf recipe into 4 loaves, then hollowed out the middle and poured the soup in. So cute!!
2 tablespoons vegan butter
2 Tbsps flour
2 cups cream cashew (or other creamy neural flavoured non dairy) milk
1 onion, chopped fine
1 large crown of broccoli, chopped into florets and peeled stems
3 Tbsps nutritional yeast
Salt and Pepper to taste
- steam broccoli pieces until just tender, and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter and cook onion until tender and almost translucent, over medium high heat.
- Add flour to form a (roux) thick paste.
- Slowly add cashew milk, while whisking constantly until the milk thickens and season to taste.
- Add nutritional yeast and all but 1 cup of broccoli florets to the soup
- Pour into a blender or food processor and blend until relatively smooth.
- Pour soup back into pot to warm back up, add left over broccoli florets.
- Serve and enjoy!