Chunky Monkey Nice Cream Sandwiches
Write a review
Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream
- 3 bananas sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup plant milk - I used oat milk because it tends to be thicker than most nut milks
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Earth Balance, Vegan Butter or Margarine
- 1 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Egg replacers ( I use flax seed mush. It tastes a little nuttier and it's easy to make)
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 2/3 Cup of dairy-free chocolate chips
Nice Cream part 1
- To prepare for this, slice the bananas and freeze for at least 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Mix Flour, Baking Soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a second bowl, cream butter and sugar and add egg replacer and vanilla.
- Mix well and add slowly to the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Fold in rolled oats
- roll a spoonfull of cookie batter into a ball and then gently flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Place on an un-greased baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes depending on the size of the cookie and temperament of your oven.
- Allow cookies to cool at least a couple of minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to cooling rack or they will crumble.
Once Cookies are completely cooled, prepare the Nice Cream
Nice Cream part 2
- Put the frozen sliced bananas, peanut butter, milk and cocoa powder in a food processor (a blender can also be used) and turn on.
- Blend together until the mixture looks like soft serve ice cream (1-2 minutes).
- Once desired Nice Cream consistency is achieved, scoop onto the flat side of one of your cookies, spread evenly and top with another cookie, flat side down.
- Eat immediately and enjoy!
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/