“Butter” TofuCourse: Miscellaneous
1 pkg fim Tofu, cubed
3 Tbsp Oil (veg, coconut or olive will work)
15 ounces Plain unsweetened vegan yogurt
6 cloves garlic
1/2 inch square fresh ginger
3/4 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
pinch of tandoori colouring
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp lime juice
2 cups skinned tomatoes, diced
1/2 tsp ground kasuri methi
75 grams vegan butter
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp vinegar
1/4 tsp garam masala
40 grams vegan cooking cream
- Puree garlic, ginger, marinade spices, salt, and lime with yogurt in a blender.
- Marinate tofu pieces in yogurt mixture in a bowl, for at least an hour.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add tofu and marinade, cover and cook about 10 minutes and set aside.
- Place tomatoes in a cook about 5 minutes uncovered, allowing some of the liquid to evaporate.
- Add butter, paprika, garam masala, kasuri methi, and salt. As soon as butter has melted, add vinegar.
- Add cream and stir well. Add tofu and marinade to the sauce. Mix well and serve.