Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 125
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrates 57g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 5 cups clear vegetable broth
- 4-5 medium beets - peeled and julienned
- 1 large carrot - sliced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion - diced very fine
- A few sprigs of fresh dill
- 2 Tsp Vegetable oil
- 2 Tsp Apple Cidre Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Vegan Sour Cream for Garnish
- Heat oil in a soup pot
- Add onions and carrots and sauté for a couple of minutes, until the onions start to become translucent.
- Add beets, vinegar, water (or veg stock) and dill.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender (about 15-25 minutes).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before blending in a food processor until smooth ( I like to leave about a quarter of the julienned beets whole to give the soup texture). Return soup to stove, simmer for another 10 minutes garnish, serve and enjoy.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/