Blood Orange Thyme Paloma
This is hands down, my new favourite summer cocktail. I'm not usually a fan of sodas or sweet drinks, so I was hesitant to try it at first, but I'm glad I did.
I LOVE tequila, and the earthiness of the thyme combined with the tart blood orange, makes it refreshing and delicious.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 3
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 30g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- The leaves of a couple of sprigs of fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons teaspoon sea salt
- 3-4 ounces 100% agave silver tequila (depending on how tall or strong you like your cocktails)
- The juice of 1 small fresh lime
- Blood Orange San Pellegrino or other blood orange soda
- 2 thyme sprigs for garnish
- 2 blood orange slices for garnish
- Combine the salt and thyme and crush the mixture together either with a mortar and pestle or with your fingers. sprinkle onto a small plate.
- Cut the Lime in half and before juicing it, rub along the rim of a glasses.
- Rim the glasses in the thyme salt.
- To each glass, add in a few ice cubes, and divide the tequila and lime juice
- Top each cocktail with the soda and stir.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of thyme salt, a blood orange slice and a thyme sprig.
- Serve and enjoy
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/