Black Bean Burger
This Black Bean Burger is so quick and easy to make. It's moist and delicious and packed with protein.
Write a review
- 6 Hamburger Buns
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups cooked or canned black beans ( dried black beans don't actually need to be soaked before cooking and in fact, hold their shape and colour better when they're not. I cook them on the stove, in at least double the water with a few cloves of garlic and some seasoning, until tender)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro - chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- Salt or seasoning and pepper to taste
- Tomato slices
- Lettuce or sprouts etc...
- Heat oil over medium heat. Saute Onions and garlic until tender and translucent. Add Cilantro and seasoning and stir for about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place sauted vegetables, black beans, and bread crumbs in a food processor and give it a really quick whiz. You don't want your beans completely pureed, just roughly mashed. Some of the beans should still be intact.
- Form bean mash into 6 patties and either grill on the barbecue or fry in a non-stick pan on the stove until lightly crispy on the outside and hot througout the center.
- Serve with the usual burger condiments (mayo mustard etc...) or Salsa, Chipotle Mayo, or Guacamole for a Tex Mex flavour.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/