This Black Bean Burger is so quick and easy to make. It's moist and delicious and packed with protein.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 78
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 52g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 6 Hamburger Buns
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups cooked or canned black beans ( dried black beans don't actually need to be soaked before cooking and in fact, hold their shape and colour better when they're not. I cook them on the stove, in at least double the water with a few cloves of garlic and some seasoning, until tender)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro - chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- Salt or seasoning and pepper to taste
- Tomato slices
- Lettuce or sprouts etc...
- Heat oil over medium heat. Saute Onions and garlic until tender and translucent. Add Cilantro and seasoning and stir for about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place sauted vegetables, black beans, and bread crumbs in a food processor and give it a really quick whiz. You don't want your beans completely pureed, just roughly mashed. Some of the beans should still be intact.
- Form bean mash into 6 patties and either grill on the barbecue or fry in a non-stick pan on the stove until lightly crispy on the outside and hot througout the center.
- Serve with the usual burger condiments (mayo mustard etc...) or Salsa, Chipotle Mayo, or Guacamole for a Tex Mex flavour.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/