Write a review
- 6 apples, peeled, cored and chopped into eighths
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place all ingredients into a pot on the stove. Bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until the apples are tender - about half an hour.
- The length of time your sauce takes to cook will depend on the apples you use, so keep an eye on them while they're simmering.
- I like my apples a bit tart, so I am more likely to use Granny Smith or Ginger Crisps. Cortlands hold their texture well and are great for those who like their apple sauce a bit sweeter.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/