- Dairy products, including cheese
- Fish and seafood
- High-sodium foods
- Processed foods
- Meats and animal byproducts
- Carbonated beverages, such as soda, colas, seltzer, or spritzers
- Animal protein powders and supplements
- Most fruit, including fruits high in acid, like lemons, lime, plums, grapes, pomegranates, blueberries, pineapples, peaches, oranges etc.
- Fresh vegetables like tomatoes,cabbage, shiitake mushrooms, cucumber, radish, pumpkin, artichoke etc.
- Greens, such as spinach, parsley, kale, arugula, and watercress
- Soy products, such as miso, soybeans, tofu, and tempeh
- Herbs and spices, excluding salt, mustard, and nutmeg
- Beans and lentils
- Some whole grains, such as millet, quinoa, and amaranth
- Plant-based whole-food fats like olive oil, avocados, nuts, and seeds
- Apple cider vinegar