Whole Roasted CauliflowerCourse: Side Dishes
One medium head of cauliflower
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and, if needed, trim the stem flush with the bottom of the head so the cauliflower sits flat and upright.
- Transfer to a baking pan.
- Rub the outside of the cauliflower with the olive oil and spices. Pour 2/3 cup water into the bottom of the baking pan and cover or wrap tightly with aluminium foil.
- Bake until the cauliflower is tender, 30 minutes. Remove the lid or foil and continue to bake until the cauliflower is very tender (but not mushy) and golden brown, about 30 minutes more.
Serve with creamy cheese or tahini sauce